Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Day We Could Do No Wrong

My fishing buddy Pete and I went up to Lake Davis today, he wanted to see my route I had found to get to one of our favorite coves in the north end of the lake.  It's a beautiful walk crossing old growth forest and wide open meadows.  We saw some new visitors today hiding in a quite cove - Snow Geese!  After a 20 minute walk we were on the bank and right on time at 11am when the fish start to rise to the little green midge.  We caught a few fish and then the wind came out of the north, the kind of wind that blows your cast right into you and your gun shy on every cast as you just might hook yourself.  NOAA forcasted a west wind and we knew it was coming, but for the time being we walked over to Freeman to put the wind at our backs, but it was dead.  We opted to walk around our special cove and put the wind at out backs fishing the north shore.  I saw one riser in a soft window and we started fishing.  First cast we both hooked a fish, then another.  Every cast was a bump or a hook up - We had a huge active feeding pod in front of us!  For the next 2 hours we had the best action I have seen all year.  Pete hooked 45, landing 37 and I hooked 40, landing 34.  We yelled, we laughed, and had 6 double hook ups!  We each brought home 5 fish for the smoker ranging from 15-18", all clean with nice olive backs to them.  Stomach contents revealed crawdads and midge.  I'll remember this day for a long time, it was the day we could do no wrong.

No comments:

Total Pageviews