Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fishing Report - Lake Davis - GAME ON!!!

I have not been on the lake since the end of July and with these brisk cold mornings I knew it was any day now that the lake would turn on.  I got on the water at 7:30am and headed to the bays north of Jenkins Point.  My good friend Pete was already fishing and as I anchored he was into a fish.  It was a beautiful morning, flat calm and many fish rising to emerging blood midge.  Water temps were at 59 degrees and rose to 62 when I got off the water at noon.  Int. lines to 4x was the ticket and blood midge pupa, PT's, and Wiggle Tails in brown all produced fish in 8-13 feet of water.  I did not fish that much but rather went all over the lake and tried different areas and scoped out the scene - The bite is definitely on as I hooked 5 fish with minimal effort.  The trout are clean of parasites and just have scars from them.  Rainbows were 16-22" and fought very well.  The lake has turned over as well, meaning the cold water is on top and the warm water is deeper.  There was light fishing pressure on the west side of the lake but many trollers lurked in the deeper water down by the island.  I trolled flies for 25 minutes at a depth of 4-6 feet down using Jay Fair trolling flies in brown and hooked 5 fish - Proof again that the fall gorge has started.  I would rate the lake as good, and a hunch that this fall could be stellar.  Please check back on a weekly basis as I will do my best to inform you all of the changing conditions on the lake.

No comments:

Total Pageviews