Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Product Review: Gary Lafontaine's Stealth Rod Series







When I sit down to write a product review, it is about gear that I own and feel very strongly about. Gary Lafontaine's Stealth rods are the best rods I have ever casted and fished. I first learned about them while searching the Internet for a new rod. These are the only rods in the world that will not cost you a fish on the lake or stream. They are beautifully finished rods, but don't shine like a warning beacon that your waving around. The Stealth has a black matte finish, black Fuji double foot guides, and an anodized reel seat with ebony insert. I'm known to dress in full camo when fishing and these rods compliment my attitude of blending in and being stealth. I own the 2 piece "P Taper" in a 6wt. and use it for lakes and rivers. The P stands for power, and this rod can out cast any other rod out there with minimal effort. I also own the 3 piece "H Taper" 6wt. which is very similar to the P Taper but has much more lifting power for very big fish - Like those brutes at Eagle Lake. The rods come with an extra tip, and the customer service that Lafontaine Private Label provides is peerless in the fly fishing industry. I simply love my Stealth rods and plan on fishing them the rest of my life, It's as if Gary is right there with me when I'm stalking trout - That will give an angler some serious confidence. For more information on the rods, or to purchase them, go to http://www.thebookmailer.com/ and click on the "Gear" tab.

No comments:

Total Pageviews