Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Friday, August 20, 2010

Hydration Solutions


No matter if your fishing a freestone river or a big stillwater, stalking trout can be tough on the body and the mind. Just being in the elements; rain, big wind, blistering sun, to snow all effect the human body's water reserves. Keeping hydrated is mandatory to keep your senses sharp, mind alert, and your muscles from cramping up. I tried a camel back at first, and while it was nice on long hikes, it was just another thing to put around my shoulders while working a freestone river. I now carry a filter bottle in my back pocket. Light and easy to use, just dunk it in any creek, river, or lake and the filter removes 99.9% of the bad stuff. The cool thing about is you can carry it empty and not have to lug around the weight - As long as your near a water source. The filter is good for 200 uses and can be replaced. I also like to have a few packs of Cliff Bar's Shot Bloks on me. These are gummy bear like electrolyte chews that keep you going when your ready to hit the wall. Get the most out of your fishing experience - stay hydrated and stay strong!

2 comments:

Michael Nelson said...

Thanks for reminding me of this, Jon. I am constantly running out of drinking water when I am out on the lake in my 'toon. I can carry this Aquamira bottle & filter along and if I do run out of water, dip this puppy in the lake and drink up! I bought one this morning at Leland Fly Fishing in San Francisco.

Jonny B. said...

Michael,

The filter bottle is huge! It has saved me more times than I care to remember. I also carry it when I do solo Century rides on the bicycle, it is great insurence when there is no SAG vehicle or support. I'm stoked you bought one, and it will save you!

Total Pageviews