Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Truckee Area and a Guide Named Frank

I spent my first real vacation for the summer season in the Truckee Area for the past few days with Frank Pisciotta, long time fly angler and guide. Frank has been fishing up there since the early 70's and guiding fly anglers on the surrounding waters since 1984. I spent two days on the Little Truckee with Frank as he deciphered every run, rock, riffle, and hole for me. I've been fishing many waters where the fish are small and easy, and here it's just the opposite; big fish, technical presentations, and a test of skills. I passed with flying colors thanks to my guide, and my fly fishing experience I've dragged around with me for the last 40 years. Other than fishing the area, we also had a blast just talking shop, and the finer points of Prawns Diablo (I really like it hot!).

Frank's guide service Thy Rod & Staffand my own Baiocchi's Troutfitters, will be doing fly fishing tours next season for 6-8 anglers stretching from Tahoe National Forest to Plumas National Forest. Rivers and Lakes that will be included will be; The Big & Little Truckee, North Fork Yuba River, The Middle Fork Feather River, Lake Davis, Frenchman's Reservoir, and many small creeks in both forests. We will keep you updated on Rates and Dates next season with all the details. The tours will focus on access areas, equipment, flies, and the best times to fish theses featured waters. The tours will also eliminate countless hours of research for fly anglers new to these areas so they can get right to point of catching fish.

No comments:

Total Pageviews