Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Monday, August 1, 2016

Gift of Gold ~ A Unique Video On Stalking Carp


Ken Hanley of Pacific Extremes, John Marcacci, and myself started a project that revolved around high altitude carp in the Northern Sierra. Our location is no secret, it was the first adopted "Wild & Scenic" river in America - The Middle Fork Feather River. It was a tough project to say the least, carp are smart, challenging, with lots of luck involved.

We started this project in September of 2015, but falling water temperatures put the resident carp off the feed making it even tougher. We resumed last Thursday with more favorable conditions. We gave ourselves 3 days to complete the video, luckily it took only one day to finish. I started to fish for carp on the MFFR in 1997, there was zero interest back then, let alone any type of support. My dad's long time fishing buddy, the late Richard Kennon gave me a book about fishing for carp with flies. I studied every word, and the rest is history. I can finally close the door on what I wanted to share with the fly fishing industry back then. Click the link below to see a truly unique video on chasing the golden ghost. Bravo Ken, and thanks for the memories...

https://vimeo.com/177150923


No comments:

Total Pageviews