Spring Edition

Spring Edition
Spring Edition

Thursday, April 15, 2021

WildStream Breeze Creek Rod Review ~ 4/15/2021

 

My love for fishing creeks and small streams stems from the 70’s when I would ply the tributaries of the West Branch and North Fork of the Feather River with my dad. Little did I know at that time, he was teaching me a valuable lesson in appreciating the simplest form of fly fishing, and the natural world. He did an outstanding job, and to this day I still enjoy escaping our busy fast paced way of life and fishing remote creeks by myself.

I was excited when WildStream asked me to design a series of high end creek rods that would enhance an angler’s experience on the water. Sure, you can use your standard 9 ft. 5 weight rod and do quite well, but a specialized creek rod in a lighter weight makes that same experience much better. As you know, most creeks have good populations of very small wild trout that are eager to gulp down your dry fly with reckless abandon. By using a lighter weight fly rod, you’re able to feel the pull of these small trout much more significantly. A 8 inch little wild bow on a 1 weight rod will feel like a 16 incher, and that’s when the fun factor gets to be even more entertaining.

The Wild Stream Breeze creek line up consist of the 7 ft. 6 inch 1 and 3 weight models, and the 9 ft. 3 weight model. The action of the these rods are a medium plus, meaning they are still on the soft side and perfect for dry flies, yet can cast far when needed, and the softer tip protects light tippets. I’ve tested all these rods and my personal favorite is the 1 weight. I was surprised how versatile the 9 ft. 3 weight was though, it can basically do it all from nymphing to dry flies, and it has a good back bone for larger trout as well.


WildStream Breeze features include:

-IM 10 Graphite for lightweight properties, crisp responsiveness, and greater accuracy.

-Matte finish featuring a low glare appearance that is designed for stealth around spooky wild trout.

-Carbon fiber reel seat

-Fuji snake guides

-4 piece

-Half Wells grade A cork handle

-Includes an extra tip section and case

PRICE: $200

These rods are a blast to fish! I encourage you to set up a demo session, or book a creek trip with me where you can fish with them before buying one. To order a WildStream Breeze fly rod, email WildStream USA Head of Operations James Kissinger at wildstreamfishing@gmail.com, or you can contact me at baiocchistroutfitters@yahoo.com Summer will be here soon, arm yourself with one of the best creek rods out there, and  get involved with the small water matrix.




No comments:

Total Pageviews